EndNote X9 for Mac is a reference management software package that can be used to manage bibliographies and references when writing a thesis and other academic texts. References can be imported directly from library catalogs and article databases into the software. EndNote is connected to Microsoft Word, enabling you to insert citations as well as automatically create and update a literature list in your Word document. The software has many different bibliographic styles that define the appearance of your citations and literature list. With EndNote, it is possible to quickly change the bibliographic style of a text
Main features of Endnote X9
- Search thousands of documents online for reference and PDF
- Find full text for reference in one click
- EndNote X9 Read, review, annotate and search PDF files
- Create rules to automatically organize references when you work
- Keep your data accurate with automatic references and link updates
- Share libraries or only partially with new group collaboration options
- EndNote X9 Provides read or read access to your library
- Build your directory using the latest reference types
- Access research from your desktop, online or iPad
What’s New in EndNote X9
- EndNote X9 includes enhanced reference-sharing capabilities, new reference types and increased integration with the web of Science
- You can use Manuscript Matcher to find journals that might be interested in publishing your work from your EndNote library or from a Word document.
- Citing social and other electronic media will be easier with four new reference types.
- If you are syncing your desktop and online libraries:
* You can now share your complete library with either read-write or read-only access rights.
* You can share custom groups in your library with other EndNote Online users from your desktop library.
* You can view a list of the groups shared with you through EndNote online from your desktop library and use them as shortcuts to EndNote online.
- If you have access to the Web of Science
* You can access Web of Science source or related records, or create a citation report, from your EndNote library.
* You can create a Web of Science citation report for a group of references from your EndNote library.
* You can find information on buying EndNote X9 at endnote.com.
* You can find information on using EndNote and the Web of Science in the Clarivate LibGuides.