In previous articles, we have to guide you “How To Upgrade Windows 7/8.1 to Windows 10“. In this articles, we we will guide you “How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB Drive using windows media creation tool”.
If you have a 4GB or larger USB flash drive or a blank DVD handy, you can create your own Windows 10 installation disk. Having your own discs allow you to run the upgrade on multiple computers without having to wait an hour for a fresh load. You can also choose to do a clean install or run the second upgrade if you run into problems later. Here’s how to create a Windows 10 installation disk.
Before starting, be sure to insert your flash drive into one of your USB ports. Be aware that all data on the drive will be erased.
Step 1: Download media creation tool.
- Click here: Media Creation tool
- Click the “Download Tool now” button
Step 2: Launch the Download Tool.
The update tool will find the right version of Windows, you need to upgrade. It determines if the current version of Windows you are 32-bit or 64-bit, and updates you the same version.
- Running the Upgrade Installer
- Click select Create installation media for another PC , and then click the Next button
Choose language, Edition, and Architecture (32 or 64 bits), be careful about, choosing the right Edition for which you have brought the licence and either you want to download a 32-bit or 64-bit edition or both, and then click Next button
2. Choose which media to use
Either you want to create USB flash drive or want to download an ISO image separately which you can later burn on a DVD. Select USB flash drive and then click Next button => Select a USB flash drive => click Next
3. Then the process is complete and click finish. If you do not want to install Windows 10 right now, you can remove the drive and stop here.
4. Launch setup.exe on the flash drive to start the upgrade process.
Select “Download and install updates” and click Next button. If you don’t like, choose “Not right now.” Wait several minutes for the updates to download.
5. Click Accept and the installer will do a last update check before kicking you over to the final confirmation page. Wait again as the software checks for updates. You may want to walk away, as this also takes several minutes.
6. Click the Install button to get started with the installation . In addition, you can click “Change what to keep” link specify what you want to keep during the update process.
During the update process, your computer will restart a few times when the installer works
7. Here it will show us the username it is setting up on the computer. Select the Next button
8. The Get going fast screen provides us with an overview of the express settings. To use the default settings we will select Use Express settings
9. New apps for the new Windows. This screen provides an overview of some of the new “Windows 10 universal apps” included. Select the Next button, The computer will say “finalizing your settings”.
When setup finishes we will get to the Windows 10 lockscreen. Windows upgrade has been completed.